Tuesday 1 October 2013

Ring a Ring a Roses

Just a quick post to show you all how the patchwork is coming along. I love turning the roses over and seeing the handwriting on the cards.

We keep on trying to work out if we could put a plain row around the centre rose but we don't think it's possible. The tessellation (I love that word) then doesn't seem to work.

I'm also trying to decide on whether to have set patterned roses like the ones in the picture for just the centre of the quilt and then have the rest as just mix and match ones.

I'm going to try and do one and see what it looks like and if I can cope with it...I do like my symmetry as many of you know.

Hope you like the pics.

xBx

P. S. If any one has any old cards they don't mind being chopped up please feel free to donate them to me. I'm running out!

2 comments:

  1. Looking great!... I doff my hat to you and your patience! Cant wait to see the end product..♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's coming along nicely. We've worked out a proper design now. Looking forward to being able to start stitching the flowers together... Eep!

    ReplyDelete