Friday 12 April 2013

Baby Bunting


So here in our little white house on the hill we've been very busy making things for our wedding. My lovely mummy is doing lots of the big things in her slightly bigger house and here in my bedroom I've been managing to do the little jobs. The jobs where it doesn't matter if I fall asleep on the job! 

We've been collecting jam jars for several months now and I've been trawling the Internet to find lots of ideas for how to decorate them as holders for flowers and tea lights. 

Mum has made lots of bunting to decorate the garden and I've made some teeny tiny bunting for the cakes. I've decorated the jars with twine and my Auntie Topsy's old buttons and then I had the idea of putting some baby bunting on them too. What do you think? 


I like doing all this making, it is reminding me terribly of all the cutting out and gluing that I used to do in my 'past life' as an early years teacher. I woke up this morning thinking about baby bunting and the lovely story Each Peach, Pear Plum...plum pie for pudding this weekend me thinks!





Each peach, pear, plum, I spy Tom Thumb,
Tom Thumb in the cupboard, I spy Mother Hubbard,
Mother Hubbard in the cellar I spy Cinderella,
Cinderella on the stairs I spy three bears,
Three bears out hunting, I spy Baby Bunting,
Baby Bunting fast asleep, I spy Bo Peep,
Bo Peep on the hill, I spy Jack and Jill,
Jack and Jill in the ditch, I spy the Wicked Witch,
Wicked Witch over the wood, I spy Robin Hood,
Robin Hood in his den, I spy three bears again,
Three bears still hunting, they spy Baby Bunting,
Baby Bunting safe and dry, I spy plum pie,
Plum pie in the sun, I spy�..EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment