Thursday 11 April 2013

Orders from the CEO of the cake club



So yesterday I had a message on Facebook...

Hello
The CEO of the Cake Club is BACK!!!!!
I just thought I would let you know I'm back working with the team now, so any time you feel like making another batch of your wonderful cakes, they will be very welcomed.
Hopefully they will actually make it to the office without 'you-know-who' tampering with them. LOL
Take Care
Simon x

Bit forward I thought but when the CEO gives an instruction one must step to it! So I decided to make a batch of brownies for the cake club. I had to have one myself, just for quality control purposes and I have to say they were mighty fine. The raspberries (which were from the parentals last summer crop) were lovely and tart next to the dark chocolate.

I had a very bad night with pain last night, spent most of it in the bath and sadly I didn't think to fetch a medicinal brownie and now they've all gone off to work with Mr Lardshow! Darn it! 

So here's how to make the brownies...

INGREDIENTS

100g dark chocolate chunks,
50g milk chocolate chunks,
125g salted butter,
200g soft brown sugar,
2 eggs,
70g plain flour,
25g cocoa powder,
100g raspberries, 

METHOD

1. Heat the oven to 180/160 fan/gas 4 and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Do not use a stupid brownie tin like I did, it's impossible to get the brownies out!
2. Gently melt the butter, sugar and chocolate in a pan. Remove from heat.
3. Stir the eggs one by one into the chocolate mixture.
4. Sieve the flour and cocoa powder and stir in. 
5. Add half the raspberries and scrape the mixture into the tray.
6. Scatter over the remaining raspberries and bake in the middle shelf for 30 minutes. Cool before slicing into squares. Enjoy!









4 comments:

  1. You have a special tin for baking individual brownies?! You are my baking hero! *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do! I do! However it's pretty impossible to get the bloomin brownies out of the tin! We ended up hacking at the tin late last night to get them out. I'm wondering if that cake release spray would work? Anyone ever used it? xBx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The brownies taste heavenly. Keep up the wonderful work.

    Deputy CEO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that Mr Marlon? If you're deputy CEO what does that make Mr Lardshow? X

    ReplyDelete