Monday 18 June 2012

Mash. Mash. Mash.

So we had mash and it was good mash and it filled our tummies and made us feel all warm and fuzzy inside and I spilled most of it down me. This is my life, I sleep, I wake up, I think about what to cook, I cook, I eat, I spill, I wash.
Talking of washing, It has just taken me half an hour to hang the washing out. Beautiful blue skies when I started, spots of rain by the time I'd finished. Why does everything take me so long? Why won't it stop raining? I don't actually mind it not being hot I just hate having damp washing all around the house!
Right, back to the mash...I do worry that it's actually more butter than potato, but I'm pretty sure that can't be a bad thing can it? Butter's yellow so it must be good for you and after all I do have a B in Home Economics and I'm sure Mrs Hodge said butter is a five a day! Our mash has been revolutionised since we got a potato ricer. I would urge anyone who loves mash to get a ricer, they just turn potatoes into the most heavenly, buttery, pillows of love...deep sigh!
In other news I'm hoping to try and do some baking today if i can find the energy and stay awake. I haven't baked since hospital but I miss it so. I'm supposed to be increasing one of my tablets today but it's going to just send me to sleep...hmmm. If I do manage to bake I'm going to try and put a whole recipe up here. I know, exciting! Right I'm off to attempt some sit down ironing...

2 comments:

  1. Its probably me but half your blog comes up but the second half is all in darkness. Gotas far as the washing clothes. And I agree - mash, veg and gravy is good, good food. I had some lovelh apple crumble tonight. Yum. Loving your work, Beth. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it better now Em? Think I sorted out the mobile version? X

    ReplyDelete