Tuesday 19 June 2012

Perfect Pizza!

So we made pizza and oh my giddy aunt on a donkey it was good! This is about my fourth attempt at pizza and it's getting better each time! I'm not going to write up the whole recipe, unless anyone wants it to have a go themselves. I've tried several 'Pefect Pizza Recipes' but I have to say this is Jamie Oliver's recipe and it is just fool proof.
 This dough was from the freezer, I try to make more of what I need so that if I'm having a bad day I've always got a back-up plan. Once defrosted I use semolina to stretch it out. I don't even attempt to throw the dough up in the air but I do pull it around like a wet dishcloth to make it really thin. It's amazing how elastic it is. If any holes appear I just patch them up! So once the dough is nice and thin I roll it out, as you can see I fail brilliantly at getting a perfect circle, I was attempting to do Australia last night but it's more of a wonky desert island shape!

 So once you've flopped the dough onto the tray, slather (such a good word) your homemade tomato sauce onto the dough. Again this is Jamie's sauce recipe and it is delicious. It makes the house smell like a Nonna's cucina. Yum!
 Then you just pop whatever toppings on top of the sauce. My toppings are ALWAYS cheese and more cheese and that's it, apart from a fancy smattering of basil.
 Mr Lardshow likes his toppings but as the fridge was quite bare last night he just had mushrooms (food of the devil) and ham. Oh I forgot to say before you start fannying around with the dough and sauce you need to crank your oven up to its hottest setting. Mine goes up to 250 and is very, very, steams your eyeballs when you open the door hot! So pop the pizzas in the oven, get your plates, cutlery and salad ready and within minutes the pizzas are done.

 Much quicker than phoning for a pizza and I think tastier. Plus you know what you've put in the dough, sauce and on top of the pizza and in my book that makes it healthy!
Delicious and gone in ten minutes! The best bit is having a cheeky slice to take to bed with you...now what are we going to have for tea tonight?

4 comments:

  1. Do you have a moped?

    Beej

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could pop one in the post for you! xBx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please will you make me a pizza the next time I come to visit? Rach x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely Rach. What toppings would you like sugarplum? X

    ReplyDelete