Wednesday 27 June 2012

Sun Tea for Miss Adele

I was chatting across the ocean to my lovely Canadian friend Miss Adele and she gave me the inspiration for this post. She said all you needed was a teabag, a jar and some sun. Not a problem you might think but that big, glowing ball in the sky has been rather elsuive of late...


This morning the sun came out! I was out in my garden with my Parentals and I found myself shielding my eyes from the sun, such a surprise and finally a chance to try out Miss Adele's idea.

So the idea is you take any teabag of your choce, the fruitier the better and you pop it in a jar with cold water. You then place the jar outside in the sun. As the sun's beams hit the jar they warm the water and help the tea to stew/brew/mash.


My sun tea is still brewing outside, I'm not sure how warm it's going to be as the sun has gone and all we're left with is a cloudy, muggy day. It was fun taking the photos and watching the water gently change colour. I'm really enjoying developing all my photos.


So what sun tea will you make?

3 comments:

  1. i will mostly be making decaff yorkshire tea with the big hot water machine in the canteen downstairs...sun..not here at work...just mirk and moistness! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mirk? What is this? Mirk and moistness? xbx

    ReplyDelete
  3. misty, moisty morning... Steel Eye Span

    ReplyDelete