Monday 9 July 2012

Love Cat Love

I am not a mad sad cat lady I am just a lady with cats...
That's what I keep telling myself anyway...



I'm not feeling too great today, back off to the doctors later. Boo Hiss.

I've been trying to find some inspiration about what to post today, nothing exciting is coming to mind I'm afraid. Let me think...We got some fresh eggs, duck eggs! We got a new mattress (Heaven on a bed frame!) I appear to have started a cake club with my pain management friends and it's still raining here. That's it.

So because I have no exciting news I thought I'd post about the cats that fill my days with love, nibbles, snoring and nagging for food.

If you visit our little white house, within moments you will be greeted by Finn and if you are wearing black he will soon become your best friend, curled up on your lap, ready at a seconds notice to roll over and dazzle you with his whiter than white tummy. He's just this minute graced me with an extra special tummy rub...bliss.



 If you stay for longer and end up going to sleep he will climb up onto you, he's not fussed about where, normally the most uncomfortable spot for you and commence snoring. His snoring seems to have got louder and heavier since the introduction of the meat shelf into the house. Anyone else seeing a correlation there?



 Then there's Huckleberry, our little Bear. Finn gives his love freely and seems to know when you need that little bit of extra love. he's outstanding at knowing when my bad kidney needs a good pummelling. Berry however is more like the stroppy teenager of the family. She runs around like a mad thing, barging into rooms, miaowing loudly and then dashing off again...we think it's hormones!


She is the most beautiful cat I have ever met. I know I'm biased but honestly she is. She looks like she has a mask over her eyes and wears an off the shoulder black evening gown. All she needs is a tiara and she'd be all set for a night out on the tiles.




Because Berry is such a different cat to Finn when she does choose to give you love it just fills your heart with joy. You think, "She's chosen me! She wants to love me!" Over the years I've realised that it isn't that she doesn't want to be affectionate it's just that she wants to be affectionate on her terms and if that means some Berry cwtching on the bathroom floor in the middle of the night when you've woken up for a quick wee then so be it!

Finn waiting for the taps to be turned on for his morning drink. Note the grumpy 'I haven't woken up properly' look

I know that as you read this you will have been thinking 'sad cat Lady' and that's fine. I am a cat lady but I'm not a sad one. I think I definitely would be without them. I spend the majority of my days, in my house, alone apart from the telly and random phone calls from cold callers. My cats genuinely keep me going and I love them all the more for that.

6 comments:

  1. I am exactly the same, infact my friends refer to me as the 'crazy cat lady'. I drove home at lunch today to check on Jess (20min each way on a good day) and will at times stay extra still to ensure I get extra cuddles. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have never seen a cat with such a contented smile as on the top pic! Nice sweater too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicky, I would be lost without them. I swear they talk back to me, Finn definitely does. xBx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra, he looked contented there, he's looking particuarly dense at the moment though. Berry and he are having a mad fight around the house and he's just run straight into a door! They're not the brightest of cats..

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've forgotten to mention how useful Finn is when it comes to those cold callers you mention. I think your way of dealing with them is ingenious!!! Rach x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rach maybe I could hire him out? He's anybodies for a bit of bacon, just like his daddy! x

    ReplyDelete