Thursday 26 July 2012

Thank You Biscuits

Just a quick post to show you all the biscuits I made today with the brilliant letter cutters that we got from Portmeirion.












 I think they may be one of my favourite baking gadgets I've ever bought. Such a simple, effective idea. You use the 'open' end of the cutter to cut the basic shape then push the letter imprint into the dough. 












When the biscuits are baked you're left with these fabulous letter shapes that are just begging to be filled with icing. I love the fact that the letters are all different.












I use little squeezy bottles that we got from hobbycraft to do the very precise icing. I start off with the lightest shade and then darken the icing each time i start a new set of letters.

The finished biscuits. I did three different shades of blue this time. I think they look really effective.

So these biscuits are for the ladies at Pain Management. It's the last day of the course tomorrow and I just wanted to say thank you to them for all the amazing things they've taught me. Most importantly they've made me realise that life can go on, you can have a wonderful life with pain. Your life won't be easy but you are entitled to a beautiful life and you can get there with a bit of pacing...They are the best medicine I've ever been prescribed. xBx

2 comments: