Wednesday 4 July 2012

Mash Lollipops

Hello all,

It's been a slow day here, I seemed to sleep through the morning. I say seemed, I did. It's taken me hours to get moving today, I seem to live my life in reverse, I wake up more as the day goes by. Much to Mr Lardshow's annoyance, especially at 11pm!

Anyway, the washing got done and it is out! I know people, out, and it still hasn't rained! Yet...

Tomorrow I'm hoping to find the energy to go back to yoga, I really enjoyed it last week and I really want to get some strength back in my weary, knackeredy body. Then, hopefully, Jill and Sandra from my pain management group are going to come over for some coffee and cake in the afternoon. Can you tell that talk form the dietitian had absolutely no impact on us whatsoever.
We're going to have this;

just out of the oven...

All iced up...I really want a slice...


Almond Tart. Don't tell Mr Lardshow though. He hates almonds. Shame isn't it. We are going to feel duty bound to eat it all up! I really hope they come, we were all talking last week about making links with others in the group and I'd love to find some people to spend time with during the long days.

Dinner tonight is mash, veg and a turkey steak for him...I didn't know you could have turkey steak but apparently so...I haven't really got the energy to make a fancy dinner, I managed to do the mash but that's about as exciting as it's going to get I'm afraid. Would you like to see the mash? here it is...


You just have to have a mash lollipop, it has to be done. How else would one know if it was perfect? Sadly one lollipop turns into seven and then there's hardly any left! 

I'm going to sign off now, there's gravy to be made and mash to be tested. One last pic for you all, this is our lovely, blissful little kitchen. 
The best present my parents ever gave me. 
Thank you xBx 


6 comments:

  1. well.. thank you my child xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you also wake up as the day progresses. Like me now, 23.55 and WIDE AWAKE!!! Veggie Vampires is what we are ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it's all those pesky mushrooms he's been making me cook...they've turned my body clock to mush! xBx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hollie was here~ ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bethyboo, i love coming to your lovely home and helping you eat your lovely cakes......you know youve always got a friend in me x x mwah x x love sandra x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandra there's still nearly half the cake left! Mr Lardshow has taken some to work and the Parentals are coming for some too. Think we might be eating it in Pain Management tomorrow too! Such a shame... x

    ReplyDelete